You can import Word and PowerPoint files as PDFs into Nebo from two start points: Nebo itself, or Word, or PowerPoint directly.
Imported Word and PowerPoint files are converted to PDFs and will retain their original format (for example, A4, A5, or US letter) and orientation (portrait or landscape). Nebo also supports the import of mixed-format, mixed-orientation PDFs.
PDFs are imported with all their pages and are automatically named the same as the source file. You can edit an imported Word and PowerPoint file after it has been converted to PDF within Nebo in the same way you would edit the name of a document or note.
Importing Word and PowerPoint files
To import a .docx and .pptx file into Nebo from within the app:
- Access the sidebar menu and select the notebook where you want to import the PDF.
- Select Add… or the + icon in the upper right-hand corner. A menu displays, showing a range of options.
- Select Import as PDF… Your device’s file explorer window displays.
- Browse the file explorer and select the .docx or .pptx file you want to import as a PDF. The imported PDF displays within Nebo, ready for annotation: Annotate and mark up PDFs in Neb.
To import a .docx and .pptx file into Nebo from Word or PowerPoint:
- Locate the .docx or .pptx file you want to import from within the relevant third-party app or tool.
- Select Share. A menu displays, showing a range of options. Select Send a Copy. A pop-up displays, showing a selection of apps to which you can copy the PDF.
- Select the notebook where you would like to import .docx and .pptx file as a PDF. If you don’t see the notebook you want, you can search for it using the pop-up’s search bar. Note: You can’t create a new notebook via the Import as PDF pop-up. If you want to import .docx and .pptx file as a PDF into a new notebook, you must create the notebook in Nebo before importing the file as a PDF.
- Select Import. The PDF displays as a new note within Nebo, ready for annotation.
ℹ️ A note for users of Nebo on Apple devices: Please note that Nebo free version comes with a limit of five pages. Importing a file as a PDF will count as a single page, regardless of the number of pages within the file you are importing. To add more pages, you will need to upgrade your Nebo app to the full version with a single in-app purchase.