Syncing with Dropbox is available on Android, Windows, and iOS devices.
The sync process in Nebo is set to automatic. You can disable this in the app settings.
- Before you can connect to the cloud, you will need to create a MyScript account.
- Please note that syncing is not included in the Nebo free version for iOS. To access syncing features, you will need to upgrade your Nebo app to the full version with a single in-app purchase.
How Dropbox works
Dropbox facilitates the sharing of your notes with the cloud, and across your connected devices from the cloud. Alterations or deletions of a note on one device will reflect in Dropbox, and on your other devices upon the next sync. The choice is yours to sync the entire Nebo library or a specific notebook. To sync a notebook, simply tap on the sync icon next to it.
- Auto-sync seamlessly keeps your notes in sync across all devices where Nebo is installed, and you’re signed in to your MyScript and Dropbox accounts.
- Auto-sync is enabled by default to ensure synchronization without manual actions, automatically synchronizing any changes to the notes across devices. Remember that to leverage this feature, your MyScript account should be active.
- Note that auto-sync will not be activated in low battery mode to conserve battery life.
- ⚠️ Important: Auto-sync does not back up your content. Use the separate "Back up" option available in Settings to safeguard your data.
Connecting to Dropbox on iOS devices
- On your device in the Nebo settings, go to: Settings > Account > Sign in. Sign in to your MyScript account.
- Go to: Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Sign in to your Dropbox account
- Toggle on Sync over cellular if you would like to sync over your cellular provider's network. Note that this can be slower than a standard sync over Wi-Fi.
Connecting to Dropbox on Android devices
- Go to: Settings > Account > Sign in. Sign in to your MyScript account.
- Select Dropbox. Sign into your Dropbox account.
Connecting to Dropbox on Windows devices
- Go to: Settings > Sign in. Sign in to your MyScript account.
- Select Dropbox. Sign in to your Dropbox account.
- Toggle on Sync over cellular if you would like to sync over your cellular provider's network. Note that this can be slower than a standard Wi-Fi.
Syncing across multiple Devices
Even with the availability of auto-sync, ensuring that your notes are updated across all devices still requires occasional manual syncing to prevent cloud conflicts and ensure your Nebo library remains updated across all devices.
Dropbox Sync Conflicts
Should Dropbox detect a conflict between the notes stored in the cloud and those on your device, Nebo will preserve both versions within your library. Review each version to determine which to keep and which to remove.
Is there a difference between syncing and backing up my notes?
Yes, syncing and backing up your notes are two very different processes that if confused can lead to data loss. You can read more about this here: Backing-up or syncing your data, what’s the difference?
Can I open or read .nebo files on the cloud?
Only Dropbox will allow users to see their .nebo files listed in the cloud after a sync. When syncing with Google Drive or iCloud, users will not be able to see their .nebo files listed in the cloud, even though they are there. The .nebo files can only be opened and read in the Nebo app.
I accidentally deleted one of my notes. How do I to get it back?
If you accidentally delete one of your notes while you are syncing with Dropbox, this sync service offers you a path to retrieve your lost work:
- Open a browser and sign into your Dropbox account.
- In the left side panel, select Deleted files, as shown below.
- Select the file you would like to restore and select Restore.
- If you do not see the required file, you may need to select Show Filters and change the date range.
Please note that syncing is not included in the Nebo free version for iOS. To access syncing features, you will need to upgrade your Nebo app to the full version with a single in-app purchase.