With Nebo, you can convert handwriting within imported PDFs into typed text. You can also convert hand-drawn shapes into perfect forms.
Converting handwriting to typed text within a PDF:
- Write with your pen anywhere within your PDF.
- Use the lasso tool to select the handwriting you want to convert.
The Edit menu displays.
- Choose Convert.
ℹ️ You can revert your selection to handwriting using the button.
- Once your text is converted, you can edit and apply styles to it.
For more information, see Editing PDF annotations.
- Nebo currently does not support Convert all for annotations on PDF documents.
Drawing perfect shapes, diagrams and schemas within PDFs:
Hold your pen to the screen after drawing a line or shape to convert it to a perfect form you can then move, resize and rotate. You can also use the highlighter to color shapes – for more information, see Managing colors on a page.
For full instructions on how to create and manage shapes within PDFs, see Creating shapes on a Note page.
Using alignment guides
Nebo's alignment guides are available in PDFs, helping you to keep your content neat and tidy. To use alignment guides:
- Make sure alignment guides are switched on by tapping the ⋯ button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and using the Alignment guides toggle.
- To realign text using alignment guides, tap the text block you want to realign to select it, start moving the block and the guides will display. Adjust the position of the text block as needed.
- When you're done, tap anywhere on the screen to unselect the text block.
Note: If you run into performance issues when annotating large PDFs, consider breaking it down into smaller files. Once you’ve finished annotating, you can merge them back together.