A freeform page lets you write and draw freely in a boundless canvas. You can also add and annotate photos.
A freeform page automatically expands to fit your content. It’s also possible to create a freeform section in a regular Nebo page.
Add a Freeform Page
- Access the sidebar and select Notebooks to view your collections and notebooks.
- Select the notebook where you want to add your freeform page.
- With the notebook selected, tap the + in the upper right corner of the screen. Alternatively, tap + Add… in the grid view. A contextual menu displays, showing the page types available.
- Select New freeform page.
Using the Freeform page
You’re free to write or draw anywhere on the page. You can use one finger to pan around the page.
To resize the page, zoom in or out using a two-finger pinch gesture. Your content automatically adjusts in size as you adjust the zoom level.
Add images to a Freeform page.
- Tap +in the upper right corner of the screen or long-press anywhere on the page.
A contextual menu displays, showing the options available.
Select Add object.
To use your device’s camera to take a new photo to add to your page, select Camera. To add an image from your device’s photo album, select Image. To add an image from the device’s photo albums, select Image.
- Use the sizing handles to resize the image as needed.
- Use your finger to move the image to the desired position via drag-and-drop.
- You can annotate freely on and around the image.
Rearrange content by adding or removing vertical space.
- Long-press where you would like to add or remove vertical space.
A contextual menu displays.
Select Adjust space.
A horizontal blue line displays.
Use your finger to drag the blue line up or down to adjust the vertical space.
Your content will automatically reflow as you add or remove space.
Manage or reuse freeform content
- Tap the lasso icon at the top of the page.
- Use the lasso to define the content you would like to manage. A contextual menu displays, showing some or all of the following options:
Copy the selected content to the clipboard. Your content won’t convert or remain editable when pasted into other apps.
• Copy as...
Copy the selected content as convertible text, math or diagram, or as a Nebo sketch object (where applicable). Text, math, and diagram content will remain convertible when pasted to a regular Nebo page, and will automatically convert when pasted into another app.
Adjust the size of the selected content.
Remove the selected content.
Select the desired option.
Manage a freeform page
- Tap … in the upper right corner of the screen.
The page menu displays, showing the options available:
• Clear all
Delete all content on the page.
Export your page in one of three formats:
o PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
o SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)
o PDF (Portable Document Format)
Share your page via a unique web link. For more information, see our Publish feature: share your page article.
Select the desired option.